KSD Kanban System Design (KMP I)
This training is the #1 training to learn Kanban. The objective is to learn what are the fundamental elements of the Kanban method, through exercises and simulations to design a real Kanban system. In addition to Kanban boards, building proto-kanbans and how to use Kanban at the team level, advanced topics about the method are covered, such as workflow management through WIP boundaries, policies in the Kanban method and the use of metrics to analyse and improve the system. Students learn how to design a Kanban system and promote change through the use of Kanban. In addition, they learn the key concepts of flow, pull and collaborative improvement. No prior technical knowledge is required to attend the training.
This training together with the Kanban System Improvement (KMP II), gives the professional accreditation KMP, which serves to demonstrate a high knowledge of Kanban in the market.
By the end of the training, you will understand how to:
- Work with changing priorities.
- Deal with work interruptions and multitasking.
- Prioritise important but non-critical work.
- Avoid disproportionate workload in the system (queue and wait management).
- Create an appropriate workflow in the organization taking into account the context, needs and people.
- Provide teams with the necessary knowledge to use the method.
The course content covers, through intensive small group exercises, games, slides and discussion, the following topics:
- Controlling the work in progress: Through case studies and the use of GetKanban, you will gain a better understanding of how to control the workflow through a pull system.
- Visualising work: During the training, we will work on a real case study from which we will extract a Kanban system. We will also design a kanban board with a design based on System Thinking.
- Measuring and managing workflow: You will learn how to use metrics such as CFD, control chart and run chart to identify the main characteristics of your systems, as well as how to calculate WIP limits.
- Create express policies: You will understand how to use classes of service to improve the economics of your Kanban system, as well as the typical basis for calculating the Cost of Delay.
- Manage change and collaborative improvement: You will learn the change principles of the Kanban method to manage change and improve your organization in a collaborative way.
- STATIK (System Thinking Approach To Implement Kanban) through a real case, to implement the method in any organization that wants to adopt agility.
- Graphic facilitation
- Actual and real-life case studies
- Group simulations
- Iterative and incremental learning
- Exchange of experiences with peers
- Access to Kanban University and the right to be listed as a member of KU for professional purposes.
- An electronic copy of the Kanban Blue Book by David J. Anderson or the Kanban from the Inside book by Mike Burrows. Both are considered to be the reference books on Kanban.
- Contents used and generated in the course in digital format.
- The official certificate of the course by Kanban University.
The training will be held in an online format.
We recommend a good internet connection, camera and microphone for the course to run smoothly.
The training is entirely in Spanish.
For price enquiries:
Spain: contact us at email@example.com. Our courses can benefit from the Tripartita Foundation, and in case of unemployment, we also offer a special price (only applicable in Spain).
Latam: contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our courses can benefit from the Sepyme Tax Credit Programme (only applicable in Argentina).